- Baked Turkey Tacos
- These baked turkey tacos are PACKED with veggies & lean proteins. They're always a huge hit with people of all ages. As an added benefit, they're a great way to get little ones to eat veggies they might not normally eat (like the mushrooms and spinach) because they're hidden with all the other things to know and like!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|6 tacos||5 minutes||20 minutes||20 minutes|
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 can Sweet Corn drained and rinsed
- 1 can Pinto or Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 Small Onion chopped
- 6 Brown Crimini Mushrooms sliced
- 1.5 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- 6 8 inch Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 3 tbsp Salsa
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 365º
- Spray large non-stick pan lightly with cooking spray. Cook ground turkey on medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking apart meat with wooden spoon. When finished cooking, transfer turkey to plate with layer of paper towels underneath. Allow meat to cool slightly.
- While meat is cooking, heat a separate non-stick pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat. When pan is heated, add corn leave untouched for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 tbsp Taco Seasoning to the corn and stir once. Leave untouched again for 2 minutes. Repeat until corn is slightly browned on edges. When finished, transfer to bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan you cooked the corn in, spray again with cooking spray. Add onion, bell pepper and mushrooms. Sauté and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and cook for 2 more minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted (about 3 minutes).
- While onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, beans and spinach are cooking, transfer cooked turkey into a ziplock bag. Add entire remains of taco seasoning. Seal bag and shake until meat is covered with seasoning.
- Spray an oven-safe dish, with cooking spray. Place all 6 tortillas in dish, shaped and leaving room for fillings. Fill tortillas (in this order) with ground turkey, roasted corn, 1/2 tbsp salsa, onion-bell pepper-bean-mushroom-spinach mixture, and top with cheese.
- Fold over tortilla ends to meet and close tacos, secure closure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 365º or until outsides are lightly browned.